ROD MILL BLOCK - The field-proven unit
Modern rod mill processes are characterized by high productivity. The material is shaped at high mill delivery speeds and low product temperatures to obtain defined metallurgical effects, entailing high requirements to be met by the equipment. Therefore, the rod mill blocks operating in the high-speed range are of a particularly rugged design.
Our Rod mill blocks feature
Varioblock - The innovation
- Product speeds up to 100 m/s (designed for 120 m/s) through optimized mechanisms.
- Low gear speeds compared to roll speeds.
- Roll forces and roll torques designed for low temperature rolling.
- Large spaces to accommodate antifriction and friction bearings.
- Gear shafts supported in heavy-duty cylindrical roller bearings of special cage design and in precision angular-contact ball bearings.
- Five-year preventive maintenance intervals for gear units and power dividers.
- Optimised toothing.
- Use of best for purpose tooth materials from leading manufacturers.
- Oil filtration to give maximum cleanliness.
- Use of roller entry and exit guides for the product, with pre-loaded bearing assemblies purchased from market leaders, permitting hoseless supply of coolant and aerosol lubricant while adopting the MWE principle.
The Varioblock is an advanced configuration of a rod mill block featuring variable design setups and taking resultant advantage for the drive system, while yielding process flexibility and facilitating the handling of double-pass rolls.
Advantages of the Varioblock
- Variable double-pass roll diameters
- Blocks that can be individually deselected
- Five identical motors rated 1,200 kW each
- Higher-intensity intermediate cooling
Based on SKET's expertise in building long-product rolling mills, Rana Udyog and MWE supply small & medium-sized equipment, installations to the rolling mill, metallurgical industries and revamp existing plants.
- Rod mills
- Structural-shape rolling mills
- High-grade steel rolling mills
- APROCS Cooling technology
- Mill stands
- Bar & light –section reels
- Cooling trains
- Plant revamping
Moreover, Rana Udyog and MWE offer competence in engineering, design, support in Manufacturing, supply, and commissioning of plant sections for bar, Light-section and rod mills.